Egg Harbor Twp. Police: Man stole broken-down cars, sold them
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested on charges he stolen broken-down cars from local roadways and then resold them to a salvage yard.
Byron White, 32, of Newtonville, was arrested on Monday.
Police say the investigation began after multiple disabled vehicles, which had been left at along roads in Egg Harbor Township, were reported stolen.
White was identified as a suspect, police say, and was allegedly caught in the act selling a stolen vehicle to an auto salvage yard in Galloway Township.
Police also say four other stolen vehicles were found.
White was released after posting $25,000 bail.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, theft, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 1 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
24 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
51 min ago