Egg Harbor Twp. Police: Man stole broken-down cars, sold them
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested on charges he stolen broken-down cars from local roadways and then resold them to a salvage yard.
Byron White, 32, of Newtonville, was arrested on Monday.
Police say the investigation began after multiple disabled vehicles, which had been left at along roads in Egg Harbor Township, were reported stolen.
White was identified as a suspect, police say, and was allegedly caught in the act selling a stolen vehicle to an auto salvage yard in Galloway Township.
Police also say four other stolen vehicles were found.
White was released after posting $25,000 bail.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, theft, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 17 min ago
- Record Warmth! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 42 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 5 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
3 min ago