Egg Harbor Twp. Police: Man stole broken-down cars, sold them
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested on charges he stolen broken-down cars from local roadways and then resold them to a salvage yard.
Byron White, 32, of Newtonville, was arrested on Monday.
Police say the investigation began after multiple disabled vehicles, which had been left at along roads in Egg Harbor Township, were reported stolen.
White was identified as a suspect, police say, and was allegedly caught in the act selling a stolen vehicle to an auto salvage yard in Galloway Township.
Police also say four other stolen vehicles were found.
White was released after posting $25,000 bail.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, theft, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 9 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!