Multiple injured in 3 SEPTA bus crashes
CENTER CITY - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia are investigating three accidents involving SEPTA buses in Philadelphia.
The first happened around 8:00 p.m. Tuesday on Vine Street near 8th.
SEPTA officials say the route 47 bus was heading south on 8th Street when it collided with another vehicle.
Medics transported the unrestrained 41-year-old male driver of the other vehicle to Hahnemann Hospital.
SEPTA says at least two passengers, a 65-year-old man and 84-year-old woman, from the bus were transported to Hahnemann with non-life-threatening injuries.
Two people were injured in a second accident of the night involving a SEPTA bus in Philadelphia.
It happened around 10:30 p.m. at 54th Street and Spring Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say a route 52 bus collided with another car.
The bus driver and the driver of the other vehicle, a 50-year-old woman, were injured.
The bus driver suffered minor injuries, The 50-year-old woman was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for care.
Around 10:40 p.m., another SEPTA bus was involved in a third crash at 19th and Arch.
The vehicles reportedly crashed head on.
Police say it appears the opposing driver ran a red light and struck the route 33 bus.
The bus driver suffered minor injuries.
All three SEPTA involved accidents remain under investigation.
accident, SEPTA, center city news, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 23 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 15 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar