Fire in Horsham displaces 7 people, 2 dogs
HORSHAM, Pa. - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators believe it was a generator that led to a fire that gutted one home and damaged another on the 100 block of Brownstone Lane in Horsham. Now, seven people are out of their homes.
"It can be replaced though, you know. We got our health, and we can start over. So, God is good in all of this," said Charles Stafford.
Wednesday morning Stafford and his wife Regina surveyed the damage to their home of 11 years and searched the rubble for anything salvageable, but there wasn't much.
Regina tells us, she even lost some treasures left to her by those who raised her.
The Stafford's home went up in flames just after midnight Wednesday as the result of an apparently faulty generator. They had started the generator for the first time in an attached shed behind the house.
Charles explains, "We were waiting on some work to be done, and was running the refrigerator and freezer."
The Staffords are both retired Pennsylvania State Troopers who are used to reacting to dangerous situations and coming to the rescue of others. But last night they had to scramble to insure no one was physically injured, including one of their sons and their next door neighbors, who also suffered severe damage to their house.
Both households are fully insured and plan to rebuild, repair and remain in the quiet cul-de-sac.
fire, pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Milder Monday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 4 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 4 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 4 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
44 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
4 min ago