Fire in Horsham displaces 7 people, 2 dogs
HORSHAM, Pa. - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators believe it was a generator that led to a fire that gutted one home and damaged another on the 100 block of Brownstone Lane in Horsham. Now, seven people are out of their homes.
"It can be replaced though, you know. We got our health, and we can start over. So, God is good in all of this," said Charles Stafford.
Wednesday morning Stafford and his wife Regina surveyed the damage to their home of 11 years and searched the rubble for anything salvageable, but there wasn't much.
Regina tells us, she even lost some treasures left to her by those who raised her.
The Stafford's home went up in flames just after midnight Wednesday as the result of an apparently faulty generator. They had started the generator for the first time in an attached shed behind the house.
Charles explains, "We were waiting on some work to be done, and was running the refrigerator and freezer."
The Staffords are both retired Pennsylvania State Troopers who are used to reacting to dangerous situations and coming to the rescue of others. But last night they had to scramble to insure no one was physically injured, including one of their sons and their next door neighbors, who also suffered severe damage to their house.
Both households are fully insured and plan to rebuild, repair and remain in the quiet cul-de-sac.
fire, pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose