Man shot in the back, killed in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot in the back and killed on Wednesday in Southwest Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 11:15 a.m. at 63rd and Grays Avenue.
Police arrived to find the man with a gunshot wound to the back.
He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, but died about an hour later.
Police say they are now looking for surveillance video as the investigation into this killing continues.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 59 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
50 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos