3 more arrests after University of Delaware party-turned-mob
NEWARK, Del. - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark, Delaware say three more suspects have been charged after they released images of out-of-control partygoers near the University of Delaware last month.
The three suspects, who turned themselves in, are identified as:
-18-year-old Erin Butwin of Allendale, New Jersey
-18-year-old Erica Davis of Westfield, New Jersey
-20-year-old Michael Marinacci of Staten Island, New York
The wild party, hosted at the 'Rugby House' back on September 9th, spilled out onto the streets and turned into a near-riot. Police eventually released 11 images of suspects caught on video.
Four of those suspects still remain at large.
Previously, 18-year-old Scott Crosby, 20-year-old Kyle Menchaca, 19-year-old Sean Pie, 19-year-old Mohammed Alam, and 22-year-old Jeffery Taviano, all of Wilmington, were arrested.
Two residents of the Rugby house were also arrested. They are identified as Anthony Iadisernia, 19, of Jackson New Jersey, Evan Touzzoli, 20, of Trumboll, Connecticut. Both are University of Delaware students.
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Marcus Hyde of Chesterfield, Virginia, was allegedly in the crowd with a camera, accused of causing the crowd to "act even more disorderly." He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
The university has suspended the Rugby Club until 2018.
The president of the Rugby Club previously said the organization was appealing the suspension, saying party wasn't sanctioned by the club and that its 80 members shouldn't be penalized for the actions of the two students who staged the party.
delaware news, newark, del. news, university of delaware, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 2 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad