3 more arrests after University of Delaware party-turned-mob
NEWARK, Del. - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark, Delaware say three more suspects have been charged after they released images of out-of-control partygoers near the University of Delaware last month.
The three suspects, who turned themselves in, are identified as:
-18-year-old Erin Butwin of Allendale, New Jersey
-18-year-old Erica Davis of Westfield, New Jersey
-20-year-old Michael Marinacci of Staten Island, New York
The wild party, hosted at the 'Rugby House' back on September 9th, spilled out onto the streets and turned into a near-riot. Police eventually released 11 images of suspects caught on video.
Four of those suspects still remain at large.
Previously, 18-year-old Scott Crosby, 20-year-old Kyle Menchaca, 19-year-old Sean Pie, 19-year-old Mohammed Alam, and 22-year-old Jeffery Taviano, all of Wilmington, were arrested.
Two residents of the Rugby house were also arrested. They are identified as Anthony Iadisernia, 19, of Jackson New Jersey, Evan Touzzoli, 20, of Trumboll, Connecticut. Both are University of Delaware students.
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Marcus Hyde of Chesterfield, Virginia, was allegedly in the crowd with a camera, accused of causing the crowd to "act even more disorderly." He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
The university has suspended the Rugby Club until 2018.
The president of the Rugby Club previously said the organization was appealing the suspension, saying party wasn't sanctioned by the club and that its 80 members shouldn't be penalized for the actions of the two students who staged the party.
delaware news, newark, del. news, university of delaware, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 36 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 32 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 27 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million