Gators, snakes discovered after Germantown house fire
GERMANTOWN - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Alligators and snakes were discovered by firefighters after a blaze broke out in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
The fire occurred shortly after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on the 5200 block of McKean Avenue.
It took crews around 18 minutes to place the fire under control.
A search of the property resulted in the discovery of what fire crews at the scene described as exotic animals, namely gators and snakes.
No injuries were reported.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
philadelphia news, germantown news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run