Police: Delivery services used to ship drugs to New Jersey; 9 arrests
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A total of nine people have been arrested after an investigation into a drug ring that began in California and ended in south Jersey.
The investigation, dubbed "Operation Next Day Air" by the New Jersey State Police, began in March, 2011.
Police say the ringleader was Andrew Davis, 34, of Kingston, Jamaica, also known by his DJ name "Flippa Mafia."
Investigators say Davis returned to Jamaica in 2012, but his brother - Kamar Davis, 22 - took over the operation in Hollywood, California. However, police say, Andrew Davis remained in consultation.
The drugs would allegedly be shipped from California to 28-year-old Marsha Bernard of Cherry Hill.
Once there, the drugs would be distributed throughout New Jersey, investigators said.
Most of the suspects were arrested between March and May, 2013.
Andrew Davis was arrested in Los Angeles in September and was extradited to New Jersey on October 8th.
Police say they recovered a total of 26 kilograms of cocaine worth about $780,000, two handguns and more than $600,000 in cash.
However, police say, that seizure was just a small percentage of the drugs brought into New Jersey by this ring.
new jersey news, illegal drugs, drugs, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 11 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 25 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
11 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
33 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
42 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
51 min ago