Police: Delivery services used to ship drugs to New Jersey; 9 arrests
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A total of nine people have been arrested after an investigation into a drug ring that began in California and ended in south Jersey.
The investigation, dubbed "Operation Next Day Air" by the New Jersey State Police, began in March, 2011.
Police say the ringleader was Andrew Davis, 34, of Kingston, Jamaica, also known by his DJ name "Flippa Mafia."
Investigators say Davis returned to Jamaica in 2012, but his brother - Kamar Davis, 22 - took over the operation in Hollywood, California. However, police say, Andrew Davis remained in consultation.
The drugs would allegedly be shipped from California to 28-year-old Marsha Bernard of Cherry Hill.
Once there, the drugs would be distributed throughout New Jersey, investigators said.
Most of the suspects were arrested between March and May, 2013.
Andrew Davis was arrested in Los Angeles in September and was extradited to New Jersey on October 8th.
Police say they recovered a total of 26 kilograms of cocaine worth about $780,000, two handguns and more than $600,000 in cash.
However, police say, that seizure was just a small percentage of the drugs brought into New Jersey by this ring.
new jersey news, illegal drugs, drugs, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 2 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 28 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
2 min ago
- Runyan's son follows in dad's footsteps
48 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
50 min ago