8-year-old child accidently shot in Chester, teen arrested
CHESTER, Pa. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting invovling a child in Chester, Delaware County Thursday evening.
The shooting happened around 5:10 p.m. on the 500 block of Norris Street.
Arriving officers were directed to a second floor bedroom where they found an 8-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
Medics transported the victim to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is being treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
A 19-year-old family member was taken into custody and will be charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Receiving Stolen Property.
Police say the gun accidently went off when being handled.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, shooting, chester news, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 53 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 30 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 22 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 26 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 15 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
17 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
35 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
32 min ago