8-year-old child accidently shot in Chester, teen arrested
CHESTER, Pa. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting invovling a child in Chester, Delaware County Thursday evening.
The shooting happened around 5:10 p.m. on the 500 block of Norris Street.
Arriving officers were directed to a second floor bedroom where they found an 8-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
Medics transported the victim to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is being treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
A 19-year-old family member was taken into custody and will be charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Receiving Stolen Property.
Police say the gun accidently went off when being handled.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, shooting, chester news, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police