8-year-old child accidently shot in Chester, teen arrested
CHESTER, Pa. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting invovling a child in Chester, Delaware County Thursday evening.
The shooting happened around 5:10 p.m. on the 500 block of Norris Street.
Arriving officers were directed to a second floor bedroom where they found an 8-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
Medics transported the victim to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is being treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
A 19-year-old family member was taken into custody and will be charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Receiving Stolen Property.
Police say the gun accidently went off when being handled.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, shooting, chester news, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish