8-year-old child accidently shot in Chester, teen arrested
CHESTER, Pa. - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting invovling a child in Chester, Delaware County Thursday evening.
The shooting happened around 5:10 p.m. on the 500 block of Norris Street.
Arriving officers were directed to a second floor bedroom where they found an 8-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound.
Medics transported the victim to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is being treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
A 19-year-old family member was taken into custody and will be charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Receiving Stolen Property.
Police say the gun accidently went off when being handled.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, shooting, chester news, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 46 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids