Driver assaulted, Mercedes carjacked in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was assaulted and carjacked in North Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. near 11th and Lehigh Avenue.
According to police, the suspect approached a driver in a Mercedes and punched him in the face.
He then took the victim's car and drove to 11th and Cambria where he lost control and crashed into a parked car.
The suspect then fled the scene on foot.
The unidentified driver is being treated for head injuries.
So far, no arrests have been made.
assault, north philadelphia news, carjacking, philadelphia news, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 41 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 30 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars