Driver assaulted, Mercedes carjacked in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was assaulted and carjacked in North Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. near 11th and Lehigh Avenue.
According to police, the suspect approached a driver in a Mercedes and punched him in the face.
He then took the victim's car and drove to 11th and Cambria where he lost control and crashed into a parked car.
The suspect then fled the scene on foot.
The unidentified driver is being treated for head injuries.
So far, no arrests have been made.
assault, north philadelphia news, carjacking, philadelphia news, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 44 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
44 min ago