On Video: Failed burglar looks at security camera
SOUTHWEST PHILADEPHIA - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who looked right at a surveillance camera after he tried, and failed, to burglarize a dollar store.
The attempted burglary happened around 10:00 p.m. on October 8th at a store located at 3000 Island Avenue.
Investigators say the suspect hid in a storage area until after closing.
Then, the man entered an office and tried to force open a safe.
After failing to steal anything, the man walks out of the store, wearing a mask, as overnight employees arrived.
The suspect is described by police as a black male, 5'6" to 5'7" tall, medium complexion, beard, stocky build, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, red and black plaid wool (hunter style) baseball hat.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
30 min ago