On Video: Failed burglar looks at security camera
SOUTHWEST PHILADEPHIA - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who looked right at a surveillance camera after he tried, and failed, to burglarize a dollar store.
The attempted burglary happened around 10:00 p.m. on October 8th at a store located at 3000 Island Avenue.
Investigators say the suspect hid in a storage area until after closing.
Then, the man entered an office and tried to force open a safe.
After failing to steal anything, the man walks out of the store, wearing a mask, as overnight employees arrived.
The suspect is described by police as a black male, 5'6" to 5'7" tall, medium complexion, beard, stocky build, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, red and black plaid wool (hunter style) baseball hat.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition