On Video: Man breaks into market to steal cigarettes
WEST KENSINGTON - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who broke into a store to steal cigarettes.
The burglary happened around 4:30 a.m. at the Canemo Market at 172 West Norris Street in West Kensington on Wednesday, October 16th.
Police say the suspect got in by shoving in an air-conditioning unit.
Once inside, surveillance cameras capture the man going behind a counter.
He then makes off with several cartons of cigarettes.
The suspect was described by police as a man of an unknown race. He was wearing a baseball hat, jacket with long, dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, kensington news, burglary, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ