On Video: Man breaks into market to steal cigarettes
WEST KENSINGTON - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who broke into a store to steal cigarettes.
The burglary happened around 4:30 a.m. at the Canemo Market at 172 West Norris Street in West Kensington on Wednesday, October 16th.
Police say the suspect got in by shoving in an air-conditioning unit.
Once inside, surveillance cameras capture the man going behind a counter.
He then makes off with several cartons of cigarettes.
The suspect was described by police as a man of an unknown race. He was wearing a baseball hat, jacket with long, dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, kensington news, burglary, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 13 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 9 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 11 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 50 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
11 min ago