1 arrested, 1 sought in robbery of realtor, 84, in Plymouth Township
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was arrested while another is at large in the robbery of an 84-year-old real estate agent in Plymouth Township, Pa.
Leroy Still Jr., 66, of the 300 block of East Hector Street in Conshohocken, was arrested on Thursday.
Another man, 48-year-old John Jones, aka Christopher Jones, remains at large. Police went to his home in the 2900 block of North Taylor St. in Philadelphia on Thursday to arrest him, but he was not here.
The robbery happened on the morning of Thursday, October 10th in the 1300 block of East Ridge Pike.
Police say the 84-year-old owner of a real estate business 'buzzed' two men into the building, now identified as Still and Jones.
The men allegedly asked about renting a home, but were told there was nothing available.
Then, police say, one of the men pulled out a gun while the other tied the victim to his desk chair.
The man with the gun then reached into the victim's pockets and took his money.
They then ripped the phone off his desk and threw it across the room before leaving.
The 84-year-old victim was not injured.
Anyone with information on Jones' whereabouts is asked to contact the Plymouth Township Police Department at 610-279-1901.
pennsylvania news, robbery, montgomery county news, local/state
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 7 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk