Friend detained after teen shot in Whitemarsh Township
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old from Montgomery County is being detained in connection with the accidental shooting of his friend.
It happened Friday afternoon at a home 2300 block of Mulberry Lane in the Lafayette Hill section of Whitemarsh Township.
Police say a 15-year-old boy was showing off a gun to the 16-year-old and the weapon went off.
Fortunately, the 15-year-old only suffered a graze wound. He was treated and released.
No further information is being released about this case.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, shooting, guns, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 9 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 42 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 7 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 35 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 4 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 16 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
42 min ago