Friend detained after teen shot in Whitemarsh Township
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old from Montgomery County is being detained in connection with the accidental shooting of his friend.
It happened Friday afternoon at a home 2300 block of Mulberry Lane in the Lafayette Hill section of Whitemarsh Township.
Police say a 15-year-old boy was showing off a gun to the 16-year-old and the weapon went off.
Fortunately, the 15-year-old only suffered a graze wound. He was treated and released.
No further information is being released about this case.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, shooting, guns, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 56 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 23 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 26 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball