Man killed in shooting in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and one person was left dead after a shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday along 21st and Melrose streets.
Police say 22-year-old Jamel R. McMillion was returning to his home when he was ambushed by two gunmen.
Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
The suspects are described as wearing dark clothing and string drawn hoodies to conceal their identity.
Anyone with information can contact Chester Police Detective Robert Whitaker at (610) 447-8420 or CID Detective David Tyler (610) 891-4708.
delaware county news, chester news, shooting, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 21 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
21 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos