Man killed in shooting in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and one person was left dead after a shooting in Chester, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday along 21st and Melrose streets.
Police say 22-year-old Jamel R. McMillion was returning to his home when he was ambushed by two gunmen.
Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
The suspects are described as wearing dark clothing and string drawn hoodies to conceal their identity.
Anyone with information can contact Chester Police Detective Robert Whitaker at (610) 447-8420 or CID Detective David Tyler (610) 891-4708.
delaware county news, chester news, shooting, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 8 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 30 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
22 min ago