2 suspicious truck fires in Juniata ruled arson
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two suspicious truck fires in the city's Juniata section early Saturday morning have been ruled an arson.
The incidents took place around the corner from one another and minutes apart.
Officers on routine patrol were nearby when a Chevrolet pickup truck exploded around 1:30 a.m. on the 900 block of Bristol Street.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the flames when they were told another vehicle was on fire.
They discovered a Ford truck with the interior on fire on I Street and crews quickly doused the flames.
No one was injured in either vehicle.
The Fire Marshal and police have determined the incident was done by an arsonist.
fire, arson, juniata news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish