2 suspicious truck fires in Juniata ruled arson
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two suspicious truck fires in the city's Juniata section early Saturday morning have been ruled an arson.
The incidents took place around the corner from one another and minutes apart.
Officers on routine patrol were nearby when a Chevrolet pickup truck exploded around 1:30 a.m. on the 900 block of Bristol Street.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the flames when they were told another vehicle was on fire.
They discovered a Ford truck with the interior on fire on I Street and crews quickly doused the flames.
No one was injured in either vehicle.
The Fire Marshal and police have determined the incident was done by an arsonist.
fire, arson, juniata news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 17 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
30 min ago