2 suspicious truck fires in Juniata ruled arson
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two suspicious truck fires in the city's Juniata section early Saturday morning have been ruled an arson.
The incidents took place around the corner from one another and minutes apart.
Officers on routine patrol were nearby when a Chevrolet pickup truck exploded around 1:30 a.m. on the 900 block of Bristol Street.
Firefighters were called to extinguish the flames when they were told another vehicle was on fire.
They discovered a Ford truck with the interior on fire on I Street and crews quickly doused the flames.
No one was injured in either vehicle.
The Fire Marshal and police have determined the incident was done by an arsonist.
fire, arson, juniata news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 43 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 11 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine