Brawl breaks out between 2 groups outside Xfinity Live
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a brawl outside Xfinity Live between two groups in South Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The fight occurred around 12:30 a.m. in the parking lot located in the 1100 block of Pattison Avenue.
According to police, a group of males from Temple University got into a fight with another group of males.
Police officers stationed at Xfinity Live were called to the scene but the students left and headed towards the SEPTA train stop at Broad and Pattison.
One group of males got into a red SUV and chased after the Temple students.
The driver jumped the curb near a SEPTA stop.
Officials say, a second fight broke out and one male pulled out a bat and went after the other group.
So far, no reports of any injuries.
Both groups scattered after the fight.
The Temple students got on the bus and the other group drove off in the SUV with a possible flat tire.
Police are seeing if security cameras captured the incidents and can help in their investigation.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 45 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 18 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 53 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 41 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 47 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
45 min ago