Brawl breaks out between 2 groups outside Xfinity Live
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a brawl outside Xfinity Live between two groups in South Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The fight occurred around 12:30 a.m. in the parking lot located in the 1100 block of Pattison Avenue.
According to police, a group of males from Temple University got into a fight with another group of males.
Police officers stationed at Xfinity Live were called to the scene but the students left and headed towards the SEPTA train stop at Broad and Pattison.
One group of males got into a red SUV and chased after the Temple students.
The driver jumped the curb near a SEPTA stop.
Officials say, a second fight broke out and one male pulled out a bat and went after the other group.
So far, no reports of any injuries.
Both groups scattered after the fight.
The Temple students got on the bus and the other group drove off in the SUV with a possible flat tire.
Police are seeing if security cameras captured the incidents and can help in their investigation.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 27 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 8 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
8 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
27 min ago