Video released of hit-and-run in Kensington
KENSINGTON - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released video of a hit-and-run accident in Kensington, which left three people injured - one seriously.
The crash occurred around 3:00 a.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of North 2nd Street.
In video released by police on Monday, the striking vehicle can be seen traveling east on Westmoreland when it hits a Toyota Corolla travelling south on 2nd Street.
The impact from the crash sent the Toyota careening down the street where it hit and damaged four parked vehicles.
The striking vehicle stops for a moment before slowly driving away.
Authorities say three occupants of the Camry were injured. They were taken to Temple University Hospital. One victim seriously injured her arm and was taken into surgery. The other women were treated and released.
Police say the striking vehicle was possibly a mid to early 2000 Pontiac, likely with minor damage to the front bumper and possible black paint scuffing as a result of the accident.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 28 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard