Video released of hit-and-run in Kensington
KENSINGTON - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released video of a hit-and-run accident in Kensington, which left three people injured - one seriously.
The crash occurred around 3:00 a.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of North 2nd Street.
In video released by police on Monday, the striking vehicle can be seen traveling east on Westmoreland when it hits a Toyota Corolla travelling south on 2nd Street.
The impact from the crash sent the Toyota careening down the street where it hit and damaged four parked vehicles.
The striking vehicle stops for a moment before slowly driving away.
Authorities say three occupants of the Camry were injured. They were taken to Temple University Hospital. One victim seriously injured her arm and was taken into surgery. The other women were treated and released.
Police say the striking vehicle was possibly a mid to early 2000 Pontiac, likely with minor damage to the front bumper and possible black paint scuffing as a result of the accident.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 44 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 2 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
46 min ago