Video released of hit-and-run in Kensington
KENSINGTON - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released video of a hit-and-run accident in Kensington, which left three people injured - one seriously.
The crash occurred around 3:00 a.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of North 2nd Street.
In video released by police on Monday, the striking vehicle can be seen traveling east on Westmoreland when it hits a Toyota Corolla travelling south on 2nd Street.
The impact from the crash sent the Toyota careening down the street where it hit and damaged four parked vehicles.
The striking vehicle stops for a moment before slowly driving away.
Authorities say three occupants of the Camry were injured. They were taken to Temple University Hospital. One victim seriously injured her arm and was taken into surgery. The other women were treated and released.
Police say the striking vehicle was possibly a mid to early 2000 Pontiac, likely with minor damage to the front bumper and possible black paint scuffing as a result of the accident.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 40 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos