Video released of hit-and-run in Kensington
KENSINGTON - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released video of a hit-and-run accident in Kensington, which left three people injured - one seriously.
The crash occurred around 3:00 a.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of North 2nd Street.
In video released by police on Monday, the striking vehicle can be seen traveling east on Westmoreland when it hits a Toyota Corolla travelling south on 2nd Street.
The impact from the crash sent the Toyota careening down the street where it hit and damaged four parked vehicles.
The striking vehicle stops for a moment before slowly driving away.
Authorities say three occupants of the Camry were injured. They were taken to Temple University Hospital. One victim seriously injured her arm and was taken into surgery. The other women were treated and released.
Police say the striking vehicle was possibly a mid to early 2000 Pontiac, likely with minor damage to the front bumper and possible black paint scuffing as a result of the accident.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ