Puppy found with ears cut off in Upper Darby
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for the person who cut off a young pit bull's ears then left the animal under a bridge in Upper Darby.
The 8-week-old puppy was discovered Wednesday under the 69th Street Bridge.
A woman found the dog and took him to Stoney Creek Veterinarian Hospital.
Doctors gave the pit bull injections for pain and closed his wounds.
Investigators believe the dog was being raised to fight.
"This was done with no pain medication, no anesthesia, he likely was held down while it was done. To do this to a dog, especially so young, it's very disheartening," said Dr. Kelly Slattery.
Although the puppy's ears are disfigured, he did not suffer any hearing loss.
Doctors nicknamed him 'VanGogh' and are training him so that he can be adopted into a forever home.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, animal abuse, animals, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 39 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
24 min ago