Cause of death ruled as suicide in lumber yard body case
FALLS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- The coroner has ruled the cause of death to be suicide in the investigation into the discovery of a body in an abandoned lumber yard in Falls Township, Bucks County.
The body was discovered around 4:00 p.m. Saturday just off M Y Lane near New Lincoln Highway.
Tracey Hovemeyer says she and her husband were walking a trail when she spotted the body in a tarp.
"I told him, 'Look at this, it looks strange like someone covered a dog.' He went over there and looked and said, 'Oh my God! Oh my God! It's a body," said Hovemeyer.
The Bucks County District Attorney's office brought in a mobile command unit and police went to work.
Authorities say the deceased suffered a single gunshot wound to the mouth and that the remains are estimated to have been there for four to five months.
As far as the identity of the deceased, authorities say the remains appear to be that of a white male, 40-50 years of age and approximately 6'1" tall, with teeth in poor condition. The person was wearing cargo shorts, a tank top, a short sleeved t-shirt, white Adidas brand sneakers (size 11), socks, a beige colored Champion brand baseball style hat with a red capital letter "Z" on the front and metal framed sunglasses with oversized yellow tinted lenses.
There's not much on the property, which sits at this end of a no outlet road next to New Jersey Transit train tracks.
Police say Haddonfield Lumber was the last business here more than three years ago and it's been abandoned and up for sale since.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, body found, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 25 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 46 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 54 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 57 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
50 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
47 min ago