Cause of death ruled as suicide in lumber yard body case
FALLS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- The coroner has ruled the cause of death to be suicide in the investigation into the discovery of a body in an abandoned lumber yard in Falls Township, Bucks County.
The body was discovered around 4:00 p.m. Saturday just off M Y Lane near New Lincoln Highway.
Tracey Hovemeyer says she and her husband were walking a trail when she spotted the body in a tarp.
"I told him, 'Look at this, it looks strange like someone covered a dog.' He went over there and looked and said, 'Oh my God! Oh my God! It's a body," said Hovemeyer.
The Bucks County District Attorney's office brought in a mobile command unit and police went to work.
Authorities say the deceased suffered a single gunshot wound to the mouth and that the remains are estimated to have been there for four to five months.
As far as the identity of the deceased, authorities say the remains appear to be that of a white male, 40-50 years of age and approximately 6'1" tall, with teeth in poor condition. The person was wearing cargo shorts, a tank top, a short sleeved t-shirt, white Adidas brand sneakers (size 11), socks, a beige colored Champion brand baseball style hat with a red capital letter "Z" on the front and metal framed sunglasses with oversized yellow tinted lenses.
There's not much on the property, which sits at this end of a no outlet road next to New Jersey Transit train tracks.
Police say Haddonfield Lumber was the last business here more than three years ago and it's been abandoned and up for sale since.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, body found, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 45 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 52 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 44 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
11 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
52 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
52 min ago