Man critically injured in Norristown shooting, suspect flees
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - October 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County are investigating an overnight shooting in Norristown that critically injured a man.
The incident occurred around 3:00 a.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Riverside Apartments located in the 100 block of Schuylkill Avenue.
Authorities received a 911 call reporting the sound of gunfire.
When the first officer arrived, police say his patrol car was sideswiped by a VW Passat exiting onto Schuylkill Avenue at a high rate of speed.
Additional officers arrived and the suspect driver turned down an access road adjacent to the Riverside Apartments next to the Veterans Memorial Bridge.
The suspect then fled his vehicle and ran towards the Schuylkill River.
Several police agencies along with firefighters searched for the suspect, but were unable to locate the man or the gun used in the shooting.
The victim was shot at least once in the face and taken to Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
He was later transferred by medical helicopter to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, norristown news, shooting, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 35 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos