2 men face charges after robbery, police pursuit
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - October 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men face numerous charges after they allegedly robbed a man outside a pizza restaurant and then led police on a brief car chase that ended when their vehicle crashed in South Jersey.
Authorities tell The Press of Atlantic City that the armed robbery occurred early Saturday in Galloway Township. The victim reported the robbery and followed the suspect's vehicle westbound on Route 30, providing police with a description of the vehicle.
Officers spotted the suspects' vehicle a short time later. The two men then tried to flee from police, but their car soon crashed into some woods when they tried to enter the Garden State Parkway.
The driver, 25-year-old Chadwyn Norman of North Brunswick, was caught at the scene, while the passenger, 25-year-old Juaquan Fitzgerald of Somerset, fled on foot into the woods. But he was caught later Saturday morning in Port Republic.
Neither suspect was injured in the crash but authorities say a search of their vehicle uncovered "a large amount of marijuana."
Norman and Fitzgerald were both charged with armed robbery, eluding, drug offenses and weapons charges. Bail for both was set at $200,000 cash, and it was not known Sunday if either man had retained a lawyer.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey news, atlantic county news, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 5 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 45 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ