Arrest made in Pa. Turnpike crash that left woman, child injured
SOUTHAMPTON, Pa. - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania State Police made an arrest in connection with an accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike that ejected an adult and a child.
Holly Anne Alsentzer was charged Tuesday with leaving the scene of the crash and aggravated assault by motor vehicle
The accident happened at 8:55 p.m. Sunday in Southampton, Bucks County, in the westbound lanes between the Bensalem and Willow Grove interchanges.
According to police, a white Range Rover SUV lost control, rolled over the guiderail and down a steep embankment.
A 7-year-old female passenger was ejected from the vehicle and sustained serious injuries.
A 40-year-old female passenger became trapped under the car and sustained what police are described by police as "major injuries".
Both victims were taken to Abington Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
The 52-year-old male driver and 9-year-old passenger suffered minor injuries in the crash.
bucks county news, pa turnpike, accident, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 14 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos