School bus driver jailed on child sex charge in Chester County
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania school bus driver has been jailed on charges he molested an 8-year-old girl during sleepovers at the driver's home years ago.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 63-year-old Garnet Valley School District bus driver Terry C. Smith, of West Chester.
West Goshen Township police say they arrested Smith on Saturday. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
Police say Smith told them he molested the girl at various times between 2002 and 2004.
Garnet Valley Superintendent Marc Bertrando says Smith passed all criminal background checks before he was hired as a driver last October.
Police say Smith's alleged victim is an adult and recently came forward with the accusations, which Smith acknowledged.
pennsylvania news, child sex assault, chester county news, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 26 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 8 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 22 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 10 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
26 min ago