School bus driver jailed on child sex charge in Chester County
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania school bus driver has been jailed on charges he molested an 8-year-old girl during sleepovers at the driver's home years ago.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 63-year-old Garnet Valley School District bus driver Terry C. Smith, of West Chester.
West Goshen Township police say they arrested Smith on Saturday. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
Police say Smith told them he molested the girl at various times between 2002 and 2004.
Garnet Valley Superintendent Marc Bertrando says Smith passed all criminal background checks before he was hired as a driver last October.
Police say Smith's alleged victim is an adult and recently came forward with the accusations, which Smith acknowledged.
pennsylvania news, child sex assault, chester county news, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station