School bus driver jailed on child sex charge in Chester County
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania school bus driver has been jailed on charges he molested an 8-year-old girl during sleepovers at the driver's home years ago.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 63-year-old Garnet Valley School District bus driver Terry C. Smith, of West Chester.
West Goshen Township police say they arrested Smith on Saturday. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
Police say Smith told them he molested the girl at various times between 2002 and 2004.
Garnet Valley Superintendent Marc Bertrando says Smith passed all criminal background checks before he was hired as a driver last October.
Police say Smith's alleged victim is an adult and recently came forward with the accusations, which Smith acknowledged.
pennsylvania news, child sex assault, chester county news, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 14 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 3 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 13 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 28 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 9 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 1 min ago
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
3 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
14 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos