School bus driver jailed on child sex charge in Chester County
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania school bus driver has been jailed on charges he molested an 8-year-old girl during sleepovers at the driver's home years ago.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 63-year-old Garnet Valley School District bus driver Terry C. Smith, of West Chester.
West Goshen Township police say they arrested Smith on Saturday. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children.
Police say Smith told them he molested the girl at various times between 2002 and 2004.
Garnet Valley Superintendent Marc Bertrando says Smith passed all criminal background checks before he was hired as a driver last October.
Police say Smith's alleged victim is an adult and recently came forward with the accusations, which Smith acknowledged.
pennsylvania news, child sex assault, chester county news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies