Suspect sought in rash of Northeast Philadelphia burglaries
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect wanted in a series of burglaries in Northeast Philadelphia.
Authorities say he has hit 13 stores since October 4th. In most cases he's driving a black Hyundai Sante Fe.
In each burglary, the suspect broke the glass front of the businesses and took money from the register or the entire register drawer.
The first burglary occurred at approximately 2:34 a.m. on October 4th at the Cricket phone store on the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue. The suspect was last seen leaving the area in a white Pontiac with tinted windows.
The next burglary happened at approximately 1:15 a.m. on October 11th at the Verree Mini Market on the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue. Police say the suspect cut the telephone lines and opened the electric meter of the business. The suspect then broke the glass on the front door and took $670 and cigarettes from inside the store.
Solly Pizza on the 8100 block of Bustleton Avenue was hit next at approximately 12:01 a.m. on October 13th, followed by Big Daddy Pizza on the 1900 block of Welsh Road and DT Nails & Spa on the 15500 block of Bustleton.
The suspect then struck at Bob's Hair Design on the 7900 block of Dungan Road and Verree Express Pizza on the 7900 block of Verree Road on October 15th. Videos shows the suspect pull up to the businesses in a black Hyundai Santa Fe.
Other businesses hit include Dog Grooming Zone on the 7700 block of Castor Avenue, Extra Video Store on 9400 block of State Road, Al Sham Restaurant on the 6700 block of Bustleton Avenue, and No. 1 China Restaurants on the 3300 block of Grant Avenue.
On Sunday he hit at approximately 11:13 p.m. at the Radio Shack on 6400 block of Sackett Street.
Police now say he struck again overnight.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
1 min ago