Man shot dead on East Mount Airy street
PHILADELPHIA - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was found shot dead in the city's East Mount Airy section early Tuesday morning.
The shooting occurred around 1:45 a.m. at the intersection of Ross and Hortter Street.
Officers discovered a 28-year-old man sitting in the driver's seat of a Nissan Altima with a gunshot wound to the right side of his neck.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The passenger side of the vehicle was found open, police say.
So far, no word on a motive.
Police are searching for the suspect who fled the scene.
The victim's identity has not been released.
shooting, east mount airy news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 10 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 40 min ago
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man 57 min ago
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 32 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 41 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 42 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
36 min ago