Couple robbed, beaten in their Blue Bell home
BLUE BELL, Pa. - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are on the hunt for three men who beat and robbed an elderly couple in their Whitpain Township home.
It happened last Wednesday, October 16th, before 9:00 p.m. in the 600 block of Wyndrise Drive in Blue Bell.
Police say Bong Ho Park and his wife had just arrived home from shopping when three men walked up to Park, who was unloading things from the car in the driveway.
One man started hitting Park repeatedly in the head with a hammer.
The trio then tookPark inside, where his wife pleaded with them to stop beating him. Another man began assaulting the wife, demanding money. She gave them an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police say she was then able to activate an audible burglar alarm, causing the suspects to flee.
Investigators say the couple owns a business and may have been followed home by their attackers.
Surveillance cameras at three separate locations the couple stopped at on the way home that night captured images of what appears to be the same man.
Police describe this person of interest as a black male who appears to be in his early twenties with an average build, about 5'10" inches tall.
Surveillance pictures show him wearing black running pants with a green line down the sides, white shirt and red sneakers. Police say he may have been driving a silver 4-door sedan similar to a Toyota Corolla.
Meantime, the attackers are described as young black males with white t-shirt-type coverings tied around their faces, 5'8" to 5'11" tall with thin builds and thin faces. One was wearing red sneakers.
Anyone with information relating to the case is being asked to call the Whitpain Township Police Detective Division at 610-279-9033.
pennsylvania news, robbery, assault, montgomery county news, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police