Bear on the move in Burlington County
MANSFIELD TWP., N.J. - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- There has been a bear sighting in Mansfield Township, Burlington County.
The bear was spotted on an off-ramp near Routes 68 and 206 shortly before 5:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Traffic snarled in the area and police responded to the scene.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as the bear darted to a nearby wooded area.
The bear then moved towards the street before making its way back into the woods.
Police took their search near the Old York Country Club, until they called off it off for the night.
new jersey news, bears, burlington county news, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Lots of sun, chilly today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 40 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 37 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 43 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 19 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos