Bear on the move in Burlington County
MANSFIELD TWP., N.J. - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- There has been a bear sighting in Mansfield Township, Burlington County.
The bear was spotted on an off-ramp near Routes 68 and 206 shortly before 5:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Traffic snarled in the area and police responded to the scene.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as the bear darted to a nearby wooded area.
The bear then moved towards the street before making its way back into the woods.
Police took their search near the Old York Country Club, until they called off it off for the night.
new jersey news, bears, burlington county news, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 2 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
2 min ago