Teen killed by tractor-trailer in Bear, Delaware ID'd
BEAR, Del. - October 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old man is dead after being struck by a tractor-trailer in Bear, Delaware early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 2:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of Route 40 near Lagrange Avenue.
According to police, Jonathan Wolfe from Newark was crossing the highway when he was struck near the Delaware State Police Troop 2 barracks.
Action News is told the teen was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital where he later died.
The driver in the truck, 57-year-old Jerome Bright stopped nearby and is talking with investigators.
The westbound lanes of Route 40 were closed as police investigated.
pedestrian struck, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 32 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act