Teen killed by tractor-trailer in Bear, Delaware ID'd
BEAR, Del. - October 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old man is dead after being struck by a tractor-trailer in Bear, Delaware early Wednesday.
The accident happened at 2:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of Route 40 near Lagrange Avenue.
According to police, Jonathan Wolfe from Newark was crossing the highway when he was struck near the Delaware State Police Troop 2 barracks.
Action News is told the teen was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital where he later died.
The driver in the truck, 57-year-old Jerome Bright stopped nearby and is talking with investigators.
The westbound lanes of Route 40 were closed as police investigated.
pedestrian struck, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 7 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 59 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
59 min ago