Man charged with embezzling $1.4M from Montgomery Co. company
WAYNE, Pa. - October 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County CFO is facing embezzlement charges after police say he stole over $1.4-million from his company.
Tredyffrin Township Police say Guido La Vella embezzled over the money from Taylor Gifts, where the 29-year-old worked as the company's Chief Financial Officer.
La Vella allegedly used the stolen money to buy high-end automobiles, jewelry and Philadelphia Eagles tickets.
Prosecutors say he also spent close to $50,000 for a meet and greet with the Dave Matthews Band.
The embezzling reportedly began back in 2009 and ended when La Vella abruptly resigned this year.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, embezzlement, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 8 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 45 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 23 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 49 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 52 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 56 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 31 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 18 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 51 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
8 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
3 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
23 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos