Woman jumps out of taxi in Center City
CENTER CITY - October 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating why a woman jumped out of a moving taxi in Center City.
The incident occurred around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Ben Franklin Parkway near 18th Street.
Police say there was a dispute between the cab driver and the 44-year-old female passenger inside.
Police say the woman jumped out of the moving vehicle.
She was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital for a possible broken leg.
No charges have been filed as of yet.
philadelphia news, center city news, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 25 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
38 min ago