On video: Gunman chases down murder victim in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are searching for a gunman caught on camera chasing down a murder victim.
It happened at 11:27 a.m. Wednesday October 16th in Southwest Philadelphia.
Surveillance video taken near the 2400 block of South 63rd Street shows a suspect with a handgun chasing 27-year-old Tyrik Griffin.
Police found Griffin, of the 6100 block of Reedland Street, a short distance away with gunshot wounds to his leg and lower back. He later died of his wounds.
Investigators are looking for a black male, 6'0"-6'1" tall with a medium build and Sunni-type beard.
He is seen in the video wearing dark colored clothing with "NIKE" in white letters across the chest of his sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, homicide, caught on camera, southwest philadelphia news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man