On video: Gunman chases down murder victim in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are searching for a gunman caught on camera chasing down a murder victim.
It happened at 11:27 a.m. Wednesday October 16th in Southwest Philadelphia.
Surveillance video taken near the 2400 block of South 63rd Street shows a suspect with a handgun chasing 27-year-old Tyrik Griffin.
Police found Griffin, of the 6100 block of Reedland Street, a short distance away with gunshot wounds to his leg and lower back. He later died of his wounds.
Investigators are looking for a black male, 6'0"-6'1" tall with a medium build and Sunni-type beard.
He is seen in the video wearing dark colored clothing with "NIKE" in white letters across the chest of his sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, homicide, caught on camera, southwest philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 24 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ