Manhunt ends in North Philadelphia with no injuries
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was taken into custody after a barricade and manhunt in North Philadelphia.
The incident began around 3:30 p.m. Thursday when a woman called police claiming her husband had pointed a gun at her.
She told police he was still inside the house on the 2700 block of North Darien Street with their 4-month-old girl.
When police knocked on the door, nobody answered.
SWAT was called to the barricade scene.
When officers entered the home, they discovered no one was inside.
After going door to door, authorities found relatives inside one of the neighboring homes.
They went inside where they found the man and the baby.
The man surrendered peacefully.
He was taken into custody for questioning but has not been charged.
The 4-month-old was said to be unharmed.
Police are continuing to investigate.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Multi-car crash shuts down Schuylkill Expressway 19 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 29 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport