Two shot in Lansdowne drive-by shooting
LANSDOWNE, Pa. - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are injured after a reported gangland style shooting in Lansdowne, Delaware County.
Police say the shooting happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Nyack Avenue.
Arriving officers found a 23-year-old victim lying face down on the porch. The man, who had been shot in the legs and upper body, was rushed to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital by ambulance.
Police then learned that a second victim, a 30-year-old man, was rushed to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound to his chest.
Both victims were later transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for further treatment.
The 30-year-old victim has been released from the hospital. However, the 23 year old remains hospitalized in critical condition.
According to accounts from the victims and witnesses, someone in a small black car drove up and fired eight shots at the men, striking all three.
Police say the shooting appears to be related to an earlier altercation in the day between the two groups.
The identities of the three shooting victims have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 610-623-0700.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, shooting, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos