Two shot in Lansdowne drive-by shooting
LANSDOWNE, Pa. - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are injured after a reported gangland style shooting in Lansdowne, Delaware County.
Police say the shooting happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Nyack Avenue.
Arriving officers found a 23-year-old victim lying face down on the porch. The man, who had been shot in the legs and upper body, was rushed to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital by ambulance.
Police then learned that a second victim, a 30-year-old man, was rushed to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound to his chest.
Both victims were later transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for further treatment.
The 30-year-old victim has been released from the hospital. However, the 23 year old remains hospitalized in critical condition.
According to accounts from the victims and witnesses, someone in a small black car drove up and fired eight shots at the men, striking all three.
Police say the shooting appears to be related to an earlier altercation in the day between the two groups.
The identities of the three shooting victims have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 610-623-0700.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, shooting, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos