Bucks County man pleads no contest to raping girl, 10
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia man could serve more than 30 years in state prison after pleading no contest to raping a 10-year-old girl.
The Bucks County Courier Times said 41-year-old Michael Somahkawahho pleaded no contest Thursday to child rape, involuntary deviant sexual intercourse with a child, aggravated indecent assault on a child and related offenses.
He will be sentenced in about 90 days, following an assessment to determine if he meets the criteria to be labeled a sexually violent predator.
Somahkawahho was arrested in March after the victim, now 13, told a school employee the defendant had been molesting her for at least three years in his Bensalem home.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, child sex assault, rape, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 38 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 1 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos