Kansas man wanted in rape arrested in Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals Service says a Kansas man charged with giving a girl drugs and raping her has been caught in Delaware.
Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal William David of the District of Delaware says 19-year-old Edwin Ramirez of Johnson County was sought by the Overland Park Police Department in Kansas on an outstanding warrant charging him with rape, sexual battery and contributing to a child's misconduct. Officials say Ramirez provided drugs to two teenage girls, then raped one of them in January.
After deputies developed information that placed Ramirez in Delaware, David says deputies and Wilmington police raided a Wilmington home this week and arrested Ramirez as a fugitive from justice.
rape, kansas, delaware news, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 32 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 8 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 5 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 11 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos