Kansas man wanted in rape arrested in Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals Service says a Kansas man charged with giving a girl drugs and raping her has been caught in Delaware.
Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal William David of the District of Delaware says 19-year-old Edwin Ramirez of Johnson County was sought by the Overland Park Police Department in Kansas on an outstanding warrant charging him with rape, sexual battery and contributing to a child's misconduct. Officials say Ramirez provided drugs to two teenage girls, then raped one of them in January.
After deputies developed information that placed Ramirez in Delaware, David says deputies and Wilmington police raided a Wilmington home this week and arrested Ramirez as a fugitive from justice.
rape, kansas, delaware news, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 16 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 46 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos