Darby church theft suspect arrested
DARBY, Pa. - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News was there as Darby Borough police took an alleged church bandit into custody.
Ricky Johnson turned himself in to Chester authorities on Friday morning.
Johnson is accused of breaking into Christ Temple Church overnight last Saturday.
Investigators say surveillance video shows Johnson carrying out a load of electronic equipment.
The pastor was on his way to the church around 1:45 a.m. when he saw the suspect walking by carrying all the items.
"It was funny to see someone carrying stuff at that time so I called my wife and I told her," Pastor Timothy Babatunde said.
The pastor had no idea he had just seen the man that had burglarized his church and that was all his things the suspect was carrying.
According to court documents, Johnson told police he sold the stolen items to feed a drug habit.
pennsylvania news, darby news, delaware county news, burglary, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs