Darby church theft suspect arrested
DARBY, Pa. - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News was there as Darby Borough police took an alleged church bandit into custody.
Ricky Johnson turned himself in to Chester authorities on Friday morning.
Johnson is accused of breaking into Christ Temple Church overnight last Saturday.
Investigators say surveillance video shows Johnson carrying out a load of electronic equipment.
The pastor was on his way to the church around 1:45 a.m. when he saw the suspect walking by carrying all the items.
"It was funny to see someone carrying stuff at that time so I called my wife and I told her," Pastor Timothy Babatunde said.
The pastor had no idea he had just seen the man that had burglarized his church and that was all his things the suspect was carrying.
According to court documents, Johnson told police he sold the stolen items to feed a drug habit.
pennsylvania news, darby news, delaware county news, burglary, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police