2 NJ men plead guilty in deadly road rage case
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - October 26, 2103 (WPVI) -- Two central New Jersey men have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a fatal road rage incident in Trenton.
Michael Rafferty of Hamilton pleaded guilty Friday to aggravated manslaughter in the death of 51-year-old Edwin Cruz-Rivera, while Thomas Haas of Chesterfield pleaded guilty to endangering an injured victim.
Mercer County prosecutors say Rafferty and Haas, who worked together, were headed home in separate vehicles when Rivera allegedly cut one of them off in April 2010. An argument involving all three men ensued, and it ended when Rafferty hit Cruz-Rivera in the head with a lead pipe.
Rafferty and Haas fled the scene, leaving Cruz-Rivera unconscious in the street.
Prosecutors say Haas will likely receive probation, while Rafferty faces a 10-year prison term when both men are sentenced later this year.
road rage, new jersey news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
26 min ago