Local/State

Children sickened by carbon monoxide at NJ skating rink

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Officials say seven children were taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Hamilton Township, New Jersey Saturday afternoon.

The incident occurred just before 10:30 a.m. at the Ice Land Skating Rink.

Medics were called to the rink located on Tennis Court after children complained of being sick.

Fire crews were called to the scene to investigate and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

So far no word on the condition of the children taken to the hospital.

Service to the building was shut down and the rink will be closed until Monday while they investigate the cause of the Carbon Monoxide leak.

(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local/State »


Tags:
mercer county news, new jersey news, local/state
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement