Children sickened by carbon monoxide at NJ skating rink
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - October 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say seven children were taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Hamilton Township, New Jersey Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred just before 10:30 a.m. at the Ice Land Skating Rink.
Medics were called to the rink located on Tennis Court after children complained of being sick.
Fire crews were called to the scene to investigate and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
So far no word on the condition of the children taken to the hospital.
Service to the building was shut down and the rink will be closed until Monday while they investigate the cause of the Carbon Monoxide leak.
mercer county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 2 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in White Marsh 3 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep