Children sickened by carbon monoxide at NJ skating rink
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - October 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say seven children were taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Hamilton Township, New Jersey Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred just before 10:30 a.m. at the Ice Land Skating Rink.
Medics were called to the rink located on Tennis Court after children complained of being sick.
Fire crews were called to the scene to investigate and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
So far no word on the condition of the children taken to the hospital.
Service to the building was shut down and the rink will be closed until Monday while they investigate the cause of the Carbon Monoxide leak.
mercer county news, new jersey news, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
50 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
47 min ago