North Wilmington man arrested for heroin dealing
NORTH WILMINGTON, Del. - October 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Governor's task force investigation has led to the arrest of a man in North Wilmington, Delaware for heroin dealing Friday night.
The task force conducted a surveillance on 24-year-old Matthew R. Brown.
Troopers observed him selling heroin to a woman in a parking lot shopping center.
Once Brown made the transaction, he and the woman were taken into custody.
Officials say the seven bags of heroin he sold to the woman were recovered.
He was also in possession of over $800 and twenty-two bags of heroin, troopers say.
A search warrant of Brown's residence in the 2400 block of Silverside Road resulted in the discovery of eight more heroin bags.
He was charged with one count of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, and released on $5,000 unsecured bail.
Additionally, as a condition of the bail, he was ordered to have no contact with the residence on Silverside Road.
drugs, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 22 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 52 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
58 min ago